Laser Teeth Whitening – Overview, Benefits, Side Effects, & Precautions
A smile is often the first thing that people notice when meeting someone, in-person. And white shining teeth hold the key to a healthy smile.
There are many ways available for whitening your teeth such as laser teeth whitening, whitening strips, whitening trays, in-office procedures, at-home techniques such as hydrogen peroxide, etc
Out of these, laser teeth whitening is one of the best cosmetic dentistry bleaching methods that not only provides the white teeth but also contributes to the removal of stains and plaque.
What Is Laser Teeth Whitening?
Laser teeth whitening is a simple and quick process of applying a hydrogen peroxide-based gel to the teeth by your dentist.
After a few minutes, the dentist then exposes the gel area to the special laser which removes the stains and lightens the color of the teeth.
How Much Does Laser Teeth Whitening Cost?
The cost of laser teeth whitening process can vary, depending on the dentist and the type of treatment you select.
During the consultation, the dentist will determine:
- How many seatings are needed for teeth whitening treatment
- Whether you need to lighten your entire teeth or just one or a few teeth.
The results of this treatment can last for 6 to 24 months if you properly care for your teeth.
Benefits Of Laser Teeth Whitening
If unsatisfied with the results of using common teeth whitening products such as whitening toothpaste and strips, consult with your dentist and go for laser teeth whitening.
Here are the benefits of laser teeth whitening
- Laser whitening is done by professional dentists only
- A quick process and requires less than an hour in most cases
- One of the most accessible teeth whitening procedures
- An easy and non-invasive procedure
- Completely a painless procedure which requires no needles
- You can choose to lighten just one or a few very stained teeth instead of all of them
- Removes those hard stains that other whitening procedures failed to deal with
- Provides a long-lasting result
Common Side Effects Of Laser Whitening
- Laser whitening treatments generally require two or more follow-up sessions for the best results
- It is more expensive than other methods of teeth whitening.
- Some patients may experience irritation in the tooth due to sensitivity. But these are temporary issues that go away with time. If not, please consult your dentist.
Precautions To Prevent Tooth Discoloration After Teeth Whitening
You need to follow these few steps to maintain a healthy whiter smile.
- Quit smoking: Smoking can cause teeth to become discolored again.
- Avoid stain-causing beverages and foods: It includes hard candy, wine, tea, coffee, sports drinks, tomato sauce, berries, etc.
- Use a straw: Try to use a straw while drinking stain-causing beverages.
The efficiency and benefits of laser teeth whitening treatment make it a valuable investment that improves your dental and overall health.
Consult your teeth problem with our highly qualified and experienced dentists. Call +971 2 4454 666 and book your appointment today.